Monday, June 2, 2008

37


I celebrated my 37th birthday over the weekend. I know it is totally cliche' and been said more times than we want to hear but the older I get, the faster the years seem to fly by. It seems like yesterday that I was turning 30 - hugely pregnant, waiting to deliver my first child in a few months. Seven years later...I have three amazing children that bless my life on a daily basis and at the same time are causing my hair to turn gray one strand at a time.

I had a great birthday. I was able to sleep in for a little while. Trent fed the kids and got them dressed, but Spence had a soccer game so I had to be up to watch the other two by 9:00. He made up for it by coming home from the game with this beautiful bouquet of flowers. Spencer told Trent he wanted to get me flowers and jewelery for my birthday. The boy will make a great boyfriend someday! My Mom took me out to lunch at the Olive Garden where we stuffed ourselves with yummy pasta. Then we shopped for an hour or two.

I opened gifts later in the afternoon. My Mom gave me the Wii Fit - I know it sounds a little insulting, but she just thought it looked like fun. It is a pretty cool system. It actually turns your little Wii Mii character into "you". When I entered in my information and it weighed me - my Mii got shorter and fatter. Nice! It told me I have to lose 22 pounds to be at a normal BMI and that my fitness age is 43. Not as bad as it could be, but not exactly what you want to hear on your birthday as you edge closer to 40 than 30. The games seem really fun - I will keep you posted on the progress.

Trent and the boys got me a couple of photography books. One that gives professional tips on digital photography and a THICK book on mastering Photoshop Elements. I have much reading to do. They also bought me an incredible charm bracelet with charms of the kids initials on it. I can't wait to add to it. I love it.

Trent had arranged for a student to babysit for us so we could go to dinner and a movie. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie. It was pretty good - not as good as the original but better than the other sequels. Then we went to dinner at Dockers. I had lobster and crab cakes! YUM O!

It was a good day! I have a wonderful family. They all went out of their way to make sure I felt special on my day. I received many wonderful cards and calls with birthday wishes. I am very thankful to have such wonderful people in my life! Here is to another great year!







The kids helping me blow out the candles on my triple chocolate cake. YUM!







3 comments:

Lesley said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday!! Happy 37th, you are such an amazing person. Thank you for being such a great friend to me all these years. I love you.
Leizel

jensenbo said...

Fisherlands is right --- you are an amazing person and a great mommy to boot. Wonderful pics of you and your flowers, and kiddies. I love your bracelet. Good job, Trent in picking that out. Glad you like your wii but not your mii. Soon your mii will be looking like a 33 year old after working-out. :)

dr said...

Great photos - sounds like you had a wonderful day, and very much deserved. I am glad it was so special. Sorry that your gift from your delinquent sis is late - this going back to work thing is challenging my time management abilities.
I hope your 37th year is wonderful. Have fun with your Wii - sounds cool!