Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This might make your mouth water...

I have been watching way too much Food Network lately. Since all of my "shows" are on summer hiatus, I instead watch shows that make me start drooling and craving fish with decadent sauces and glazes at 10:30 at night. My latest favorite is "The Next Food Network Star". It is sort of like "Survivor", but there is food - good food!

I made my own pesto. I love pesto! It is high on the list of my favorite foods. I made my own pesto! Can you tell how proud I am? It was so easy! And SO good! The dish I made was Chicken with farfalle and walnut pesto. Kalamata olives. Cherry tomatoes. What could be better? This dinner was one I would easily order in a restaurant.



I also whipped up some white chocolate and raspberry brownies from scratch. The were very good but were more cake-like than brownie-like in my opinion. I think I would like a "regular" chocolate brownie with raspberry better. How good does that sound?



So yeah -- who's the next Food Network star now?


1 comment:

Lesley said...

Holy cow, these dishes look like they could be in a magazine. I am very proud of you, not to mention a little envious. This does not even compare to my "homemade quiche" that my kid won't even eat. You are a STAR, and should be a teacher!