Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life's a beach...

I took a walk with Evan and Hailey today. Evan asked if we could walk to the beach. I didn't want to because it was windy and 62 degrees out (the date is June 18th mind you) but he convinced me by agreeing to stay for only a few minutes.

I brought my camera because I had a feeling there might be good light - and my feeling was completely on the money! The kids were totally loving the camera today! Evan even asked to take a picture by himself - and I let him! On the beach! With sand! Am I crazy or what?

I forget how easy it is to take them to the beach. Evan will play for hours with sticks and driftwood. He loves to walk up and down the shore looking for treasures in the washed up flotsam. Today we found many little shells, dead fish, a fishing lure, a pair of flip flops and a binky. I was shocked he didn't want to bring the binky home with us. After many attempts to eat sand, Hailey has decided that it doesn't taste good so she just sits in the sand and plays with it. She has turned into Evan's shadow and follows him everywhere and always wants to do what he is doing. It drives Evan crazy!


This is the life! Notice how the kids are dressed! Where is our summer? They should be in bathing suits!

Someone left this message on the beach. It was so cute, I used it for my banner!



Rock climbing kiddos!





Big brother and little sister playing in the sand and rocks.



How cute are these two? Just wait ten years when they are ready to kill each other I can pull this picture out.



My sweet baby girl!



Evan in his glory!




The picture that Evan took. Not bad for a four year old! I didn't crop it or anything!





Hailey following Evan across the log.










3 comments:

dr said...

I miss the beach and wish that Mira and I could be there with you. Very cute pics, Jen. You are very talented. Looks like the kids had a ball!

Lesley said...

I love the banner!!!!! Nice job on the picture Evan, looks like the kids will become our assistants in our photography dream. I am glad that you got to go to the beach with them. You are such a good mom.

jensenbo said...

What great pictures of Ev and Hais. I love the one of you and Hailey --- Evan did a great job. Looks like you guys had a fun time on your walk to the beach. I too, wish the weather would warm up so we could swim. :))