Monday, June 16, 2008

Burley Girl



Hailey is a Burley baby. I got the Burley out last week and put her in it for a spin around the yard and ever since then, she is totally nuts about it. I started wheeling it out of the garage today and she immediately ran over to hop in. I think she likes it better than the stroller because to her, it is basically a play pen on wheels. She sits in there with toys and as long as I have the net secured she can crawl around (and the toys stay in - a BIG plus)! She seems to be content in the Burley much longer than in the stroller.


My weight loss is not going so well. Hence, the need for longer stroller walks. When I was looking for those old photos of me in the puddle, I came across other photos of me that just made me want to get liposuction. They were from around the same time so of course I was almost two decades younger, but I looked good. Modest huh? I know that I am at least fifteen, maybe twenty pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant with Spence. I have not been able to get back in that pre-pregnancy range. The most I have lost is seven to ten pounds - and I think that was between having Evan and Hailey. I know I am back up high now. I am feeling the pounds lately both physically and mentally. I feel out of shape when I walk a far distance with the kids - huffing and puffing. It weighs on me mentally because I want to get back down to a lower weight -for health and for the fact I will just look better and feel better about myself. I don't like feeling insecure about myself because of flab. And I hate the fact that when I look at those old pictures I don't even see that girl in myself.


It is not easy for me. I love to cook yummy foods and I love to eat them. Summer is especially hard because even though there are more opportunities for exercise, there are so many excuses for ice cream or s'mores - things that are my downfall.


So hopefully the Burley will help make me less burly, eventually.


Blog note: I know the true definition of "burly" means muscular and strong, and there is nothing wrong with being strong and having muscles. In fact - that would be great. When I think of burly, I just think of a big ol' guy. The "big" is what I am trying to eschew. I had to post this picture of Hailey along with the other because she is such a cutie pie I can hardly stand it.



1 comment:

jensenbo said...

She is a cutie pie that's for sure. I love to see her pics on your blog. Keep up the exercising --- it will come off before you know it and you will be healther and feel better too. I know after I take my walks I feel so much better.