Friday, May 23, 2008

Wednesday walk

On Wednesday afternoon I asked the kids if they wanted to go for a walk. I figured it would be a good way to get them to stop fighting over the hose. What is it about kids and running water? All afternoon it had been a non stop fight over who squirted who, whose turn it was to be the squirter...ugh...the whole time I could just see our little pennies running into the street.

They were excited about going for a walk. The next question was our destination. Park or Beach? I love where we live. We have a neighborhood park and a pretty private beach just ten minutes walking time from our house. Of course Evan wanted to go to the park and Spencer wanted to go to the beach. I thought it might be cold at the beach since it was only in the mid fifties out - so park it was. We played at the park for a while and I told the kids since the wind seemed to be dying down a little - if they wanted, we could walk down to the beach.

I am so glad we did. It was gorgeous down there. The boys immediately ran to the water and wanted to dip their toes. Spence had the sense to roll up his pants, Ev just tanked right in. Mind you, it is still in the mid fifties - the water must have been freezing! They just had a ball! We stayed and played at the beach for about an hour. Of course I got some photos that I love - it is hard not to love beach shots!

I was so proud of the boys for walking the whole way without one complaint. Normally, the whining and carrying requests come about ten minutes into a walk. They must be growing up!



I love the spring in his step in this photo.

I love how the water twinkles in these photos.




Sun worshipper!







Hailey was not digging the park or the beach much. She is still uneasy with uneven surfaces.





I love this photo of Evan. I think it is a little blurry though.














2 comments:

Lesley said...

Beautiful photos, I an envious of the proximity of all the beach to you.

jensenbo said...

The shots are unbelieveable! You should get some framed. The water looks so inviting. Glad summer is almost here. The kids love the water and you are so close too.