Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pretty, pretty Princes?

Fingernail polish and lipstick. That is the latest obsession with the boys. It all started last week on the bus when Spencer sat by some girls that gave him some lip gloss to put on. He came in the house and went straight to the bathroom acting goofy like he was trying to hide something. Later he told me he didn't want me to see his lip gloss. I told him that I didn't care if he put on lip gloss but he shouldn't use other people's makeup because they might have germs. Can I use yours then, and can you put fingernail polish on me too?


We found some glitter polish from back in the day when I actually had fingernails and he was in beauty shop heaven. Evan wanted to join in on the fun as well.






On a funny side note (not too funny because of the circumstances) - while Spencer was in the ER on Sunday with his burned foot, the doctor commented on his painted toenails. He wondered if Spencer had a big sister at home. Well, at least he looked good!



Here are some future bribery pictures of the boys during their spa day. These were taken on their second spa day. I am hoping it doesn't become a daily event!

I caught Evan sneaking into the nail polish again this morning. It is just funny because my kids have never really been "dress-up" kind of kids. They can play with make-up all they want, it doesn't bother me or make me question their "boyishness". I just don't like them sneaking around with the polish because of the stain factor. They already ruined one of my shirts by spilling the glitter polish on it.


Look at their beautiful sparkly nails and their lovely lipstick! You guys are stunners!






2 comments:

Lesley said...

Awwe, such beauty "queens", maybe we should open some sort of "boy" salon, the boys would love it.

jensenbo said...

Spence couldn't wait to show me his shiny nails. Crazy boys!!