Sunday, May 18, 2008

Demon baby

Or Haydevil. That is Hailey's nickname for the day. She had a bad night last night. I don't know what it was, if she was overtired, off of her schedule or just felt like being a demon.

We spent most of the day yesterday at Troy and Joann's. We meant to catch part of Grant's baseball game but were too late. We went to the mall so the boys could make their Build-A- Bears that they got for Christmas. After the mall, Madi babysat for all the kids so the grownups could go out to dinner. It was so nice to go out to eat with adults! I can't remember the last time we did that. We brought Hailey's pack n play and I told Madi that she could put her to bed or not. Whatever was easier. She choose to keep her up which is fine and I think she wanted to play with her as much as she could - I totally understand. When we got back, Hailey was in good spirits but it was three hours past her normal bedtime.

She fell asleep in the car on the way home and went right to sleep in her crib when I carried her up. The rest of the night is a blur. She would wake up and cry her little head off. When we would go in to get her she would be fine. I brought her into our bed two separate times and each time she would just talk, laugh and basically play around. I would tell her it was time to go to bed and bring her back to her crib and the wailing would start all over again. I think she lasted about three and a half hours before she finally gave it up. Or maybe the infant Tylenol kicked in.

So today I am so tired. I was still getting over what I imagine is the virus that Spencer had last weekend - so I really didn't need to miss out on any rest. I am grumpy as well. We decided to go to church today and I thought that would help me gain a broader perspective. It did to a certain extent. Pastor Dave is an amazing speaker. His sermons make great points and he is totally relateable (I don't even know if this is a real word, but it should be) because with him being a young father in a family with three kids who drives a mini-van, I can see our life in the stories he tells. It was short lived though. After church I got grumpy again. Grumpy at Trent for cleaning out the fridge. Grumpy at the kids for driving the Jeep too fast and crazy down the hill. Grumpy that I have to pick up the house because Gladis comes tomorrow. Grumpy that I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight. Grumpy that Evan refuses to try to take a nap. Grumpy that I can't take a nap.

So I am going outside to get some fresh air and power wash the play house. Demon Hailey is napping right now. She had better not wake us tonight!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Power washing can be somewhat theraputic. I think it is fun, and then you even have the excuse to Trent that you are busy and can't watch the kids. Sometimes we just have "grumpy" days and nothing will make it better. I think that is part of being a female. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a more joyous day to you. Happy thoughts!

jensenbo said...

Oh little Haydevil --- you are Gramma's little sweetie. Hard to believe she could be so bad. :) Hope you are feeling better today, J. Let Trent cook for a change and give you a much needed break!!