Thursday, July 17, 2008

Take me out to the ball game!

Today was Evan's last day of t-ball.  He was very excited to receive his first trophy!  T-ball started out a little rough for him.  Not quite as rough as Spencer's start, but definitely not what I expected from Evan.  

He was looking forward to when he would finally get to play.  He had been watching Spencer's team play for weeks.  Finally the day came - we headed to the field in shorts and sneakers and froze our tushes off!  It was mid- June and I bet the wind-chill was in the low sixties.  Evan was cold and grouchy and once he gets his mind set it is a task to change it.   Eventually he enjoyed the first day after Spence and I had to take turns going out on the field with him.  He didn't want to bat - which is the best part - so I had visions in my head of kicking and screaming dread for the next few weeks.   He was a little timid and apprehensive during the next couple games.  He had to be coaxed out to the field and to participate, but once he was playing, he literally had a ball.  He even wanted to take his turn at bat.   After the fourth game or so, he had no problem - he was loving it.  

Running the bases after his hit.  He is a lefty at bat.  For some reason both the boys play sports as a lefty but write with their right hands.  Crazy!


In the field - so intense on getting the balls.  He would often gather a mitt full!


Evan's first trophy!  He was so proud of himself!  I am so glad he persevered!
A trophy and a popsicle!  Could this day get any better?

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Congrats on the trophy Evers!!!! You rock.

That is funny about the Lefty with sports, that is how Scott plays golf, baseball, etc....but he writes R handed.

jensenbo said...

Evs is a great little ballplayer. I loved watching the intensity in his game when I went to the games. He was so fun to watch. I think he'll be a good tennis player too if he ever changes his positions. :)