Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kickball and little fish

We spent Saturday afternoon at my cousin Katie and her husband Joe's house. They have a beautiful setting on acreage surrounded by woods and a little pond. My kids were eager to get their poles out and start casting. Spence caught three little ones. Evan was totally bummed that the fish did not like his lightsaber fishin' pole. Daddy tries to explain to them that that is why it is called "fishing" not "catching". Evan doesn't quite get it.



What a gorgeous view out their back deck!



Spencer and his catch! Evan is all about touching the fish. He was begging to be the one that got to throw him back in. Spence has always been a little squeamish about touching the fish but Evan just grabs those suckers! The shot below shows him so focused on getting ready to throw the fish.


When the kids grew tired of fishing, they started playing kickball. Kickball has always been a big thing in our family. My cousins and I would rarely see a weekend go by without a game of kickball. My Grama and Grampa had a huge front yard on the lake that we would use for our games. The adults would sit on their open porch and cheer us on, occasionally one or two would venture out into the game. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Kickball brings back some of my best memories of being with my cousins. It was so cool to watch the next generation having fun playing the game.


Evan goes for it! Look at that form!


Spencer kicks while Richie coaches!



Kyle's turn! Look at that kick! That boy has a leg on him!



Kyle's Dad's turn! We are getting old Rich! When did we turn into the parents watching?



Spencer trying to "out" Leah - look at his face - just full of the exuberance of childhood.







3 comments:

Lesley said...

It is so fun to see the kids carry on what you did as a child. Looks like a lot of fun!

jensenbo said...

Yes, it reminds me of the times at Gramma and Grampa's house that you kids would play kickball. I still have pics of those days, I believe. Now I'm watching my grandkids --- how time does fly (and traditions carry on).

dr said...

Looks like so much fun. I wish we could have been there! Reminds me of the days back at Gramma and Grampa C's, too. I have very fond memories of fun times with cousins.