Thursday, July 17, 2008

80 something in the shade...


So what do you do when it is stifling outside and trash from who knows where is washing up on the beaches?

You fill up the little swimming pool!

Evan and Hailey had a fun and refreshing time filling up the pool and playing in it.  










Hailey was just standing by Evs watching him fill up the pool and after a bit decided that she wanted to help him.  I was amazed that he let her!  I love this picture with both of their sweet little sibling hands in teamwork!



I don't very often take pictures in the direct sun like this anymore.  I have realized that most of the time I just don't like the way they look.  The shadows are just too harsh and it is hard to get a natural looking face.   I  made an exception today though because these two were just so cute and Hailey was beyond adorable in her first bikini ( a lovingly accepted hand me down from her good friend Amaya).   I just couldn't stop picking them up and hugging them - my shirt was soaked!
Hailey had enough and was ready to climb out after she had dowsed herself with a bucket of water!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

She looks so cute in that little bathing suit. I remember Amaya wearing it, boo hoo. I am glad that she is able to wear it, it brings back happy memories. Glad they had fun in the sun.

Lesley said...

OOOOOhhhh, cool new photo for your title!!