Friday, March 28, 2008

It's not just shots anymore!

I took Spence to the doctor this afternoon and like I surmised, a virus or a touch of the flu. We are just supposed to watch him and treat him for the flu. Rest, lots of liquids and medicine for his pain.

The doctor thought his throat looked a bit red and since strep is pretty rampant right now, decided to do a strep test. Spence did great since it was his first time and he didn't realize how awful it was going to be.

I have no doubt that from now on trips to the doctor will go something like this: Will I have to get a shot? Will I have to have that giant Q-tip shoved down my throat? I can't blame him. The last strep test I had was in college and it was horrible - I think I almost threw up.

I am feeling a little more at ease since seeing the doctor but the Mom in me is still having a hard time seeing my baby feeling so bad.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Jake says that everytime we go to the doctor...Am I going to have go get that grkaprlx, (i don't know how to spell the sound of someone gagging) then grabs his throat. He doesn't even ask about the shots, just the throat culture thing. He hates it!