Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ACTING! Genius! THANK YOU!

Spencer had his stage debut this past weekend in the musical Cinderella. He did such a wonderful job! It was a long weekend with five performances after a long week of rehearsals. Needless to say by Sunday afternoon he was extremely tired - but in a good way! The photo above shows him and the other boys saying their only line. Herman? It was so cute to hear him walking around the house practicing. I have to admit that I was skeptical that he would really go through with the whole thing. I thought for sure that at the last minute he would back out or stage fright would take over, but he never wavered one bit about wanting to do it. He never seemed nervous at all. I am so proud of him! It takes a lot of guts for a 6 year old to get up on stage in front of all those people and do what he did. I know I never would have done it. I guess I have in my head that he is a shy kid and I have to get out of that mindset because all evidence shows that he is not. He was quiet in preschool and scared to play T-ball that same year, but since then has gone into all he does with gusto. His teacher has never mentioned to me anything about shyness, on the contrary he is probably not quiet enough in school!

I wonder if he will continue to enjoy acting and theatre. He took a story plays class over the winter at the theatre downtown and loved it. On parent watch day I was so surprised at how well he did and how much he got into the imagining and pretending of it all. I guess we will see what opportunity presents itself next. Who knows - maybe someday he will take me to the Oscars!






Scenes from Cinderella.


His rose from Mommy and a smiley face balloon from Evan.



Signing his first autograph!



2 comments:

Lesley said...

Congrats Spencer! You did an awesome job. I think it is so awesome how fearless he and Amaya are about getting up on stage, it baffles me. That would be hard to do even at our age!

jensenbo said...

Spence did such a super job in his acting debut. It was so much fun to watch him on stage. And he looked so cute too!! Trent and cast did a wonderful job with Cinderella.
What a nice idea, Jen, writing a journal for yourself and kids. Your writing is so profound and interesting to read. What fun it will be to read years from now. I wish I would have done that years ago --- A nice little history of your kids growing-up years. Love, Mom