Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pretty in pigtails...




Hailey's hair is finally starting to grow a little bit. I can't believe how much hair the boys had at her age and how thick it was. They had already had first haircuts by now. Poor Hailey got the slow growing, thin hair genes - it figures, since she is a girl and the only one who will care about her hair.
I just couldn't stand how cute she looked in her little pigtails. They made her look so polished. Most days her hair is just sticking out willy nilly, long on the sides - she sort of has a Grampa Munster kind of look going. The pigtails made a big difference.
Of course, they were not in tact for long. She only had to realize that there was something in her hair until she started to ferociously rip at her skull to remove the foreign object. Actually getting the hair accessory into her hair was no picnic either. She doesn't really like to have her hair brushed or fussed with, as I was trying to twist and clip she was trying to run away from me as fast as she could. I sense a lot of hair struggle in our future.
Don't you just want to squeeze her?



4 comments:

Lesley said...

I remember when I finally could put a pigtail in Amaya's hair...finally. It's so cute, she will be the one coming to you in no time to get her hair done, she is a princess, you know.

dr said...

You are SO CUTE - little haybay. I want to squeeze you and your little pigtails. I love them!

jensenbo said...

Yes, I want to squeeze her; in fact I did today at the store and later out to din-din. She is such a cutie in piggy tails. She must have the Campbell girl-hair-genes. Thin and not much of it. Sorry Haybay. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes!
I love your writings, Jen. Make sure you get this all compiled into book form. It is a treasure!! And, the pictures; wow, they are truly art!