Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Monkey girl


Hailey has turned into a climbing monkey and a little daredevil. Most of the time she knows she shouldn't be climbing up or standing on something - like the couch or the chairs and jumping around, she just does it and looks at you with a big ol' grin knowing that she is just doing it to drive us crazy!

Last week she discovered that she could now master the big slide outside. It is on the grass so if she falls she most likely will be okay. She was so proud of herself climbing to the top and adjusting her legs and bum so she could slide down. Every time she would get to the bottom she would smile and clap for herself.

I remember when I bought this slide for Spencer. He was almost two and loved sliding down but was not so great at the climb up. Actually, he was probably fine but since he was my first baby, my overprotective mommy streak most likely kicked in and I wouldn't let him climb up in fear he would fall and break his little neck.

This little slide has gotten a lot of use over the past five years. For some reason the kids (even the boys) seem to play on this slide more than they play on the bigger slides on the play set. They pair it with the smaller slide (I know, could we have more slides?) and make obstacle courses or contraptions. It stands up to very rough play and still looks like new. Gotta love that Little Tikes plastic - in a few more years I will still be able to get ten bucks for it at a garage sale. That is a pretty good return on investment!




2 comments:

Lesley said...

that last comment made me lol. it is funny that we think of garage sale $$ on this kind of stuff.

jensenbo said...

Hays is a little climber, isn't she. I love to watch her slide down. She's so funny.