Friday, August 22, 2008

Just another day at the beach...

Our days are numbered. We bought school supplies today. It is starting to get dark faster at night. You can almost smell it in the morning air. Little by little this summer is starting to slip away.

We biked to the beach yesterday. I don't think I have been on my bike in about four years. I was completely amazed that I could make it up all the hills without having to walk the bike up. Go leg muscles! Trent pulled Evan and Hailey in the Burley and Spencer rode Evan's Diego bike with training wheels. He has no interest in learning to ride a two-wheeler. Trent ran over one of his training wheels this past spring so we took them off of his bike thinking that this would be the summer he rode without them anyway. He practiced with us holding on to the back of the bike a couple times but was very skittish. It is sad, but he hasn't really ridden a bike all summer or proclaimed to want to ride one. Yesterday while we were riding I forgot that fact and was getting frustrated with his lack of speed and nervousness of riding down hills. The important thing is that we all got there safe and sound and had another great afternoon. We had the whole beach to ourselves and the kids had a ball playing with my old boogie board. There was not a wave in sight, but they pretended to surf and loved getting dragged around on it. And to think, Trent wanted to get rid of that old thing. I told him to just wait a few years and the boys would love it.



Hailey demonstrating how to be a totally awesome beach babe.

Evan getting ready to build a sand "soup". He wasn't in the mood to have his picture taken.



Spencer riding the (ah-hem) waves! Trent always gets so nervous when I am in the water with my camera.


See what I mean?




Hailey signaling for Daddy to come and get her. She was a total Daddy's girl on the beach and wanted him and only him.

The shark attack!


Big brother helping his little sister. Spence loaned Hailey his shirt since we forget to bring a cover-up for her. Aww.




2 comments:

Lesley said...

Once again, beautiful shots. I love the one with Hay in the big shirt. I also love the title one with the feet/shadow/water. Nice job!

jensenbo said...

What a wonderful time you had at the beach and such a good way to end the summer season. Sad to see it go --- but there is always next year. Love the pix!!