Friday, September 26, 2008

Swimming in September...late September!

The kids and I walked down to the beach tonight. It was warm and beautiful out and I figured that these days are pretty much going to be few and far between as we are nearing the beginning of October. I thought that they would just get a kick out of playing around in the sand and running up and down the beach....they wanted to swim. I didn't actually feel the water, but I imagine it can't be that warm. I explained to them that they didn't wear bathing suits so they were out of luck. Spencer, the wise little guy that he is, told me that he could swim in his boxers. I told him the way home was going to be cold. He told me he didn't care. I told him to go for it. He did, and Evan was soon to follow.

They didn't stay in for long but they dipped in up to their necks. Brave little fish these little guys of mine.


I changed this picture to black and white because I wanted to spare anyone looking the pasty white bodies. I feel like I keep asking them all the time if they are feeling OK. They always look pale to me ( and I was yucky sick yesterday and fear that they are soon to follow) but I guess I just have to get used to the fact that our golden brown tans are fading fast.




Spencer throwing water into the air and letting it rain down on him.

Hailey playing in the sand.





Evan running out of the water.

Spencer running into the water in his skivvies.

Two brothers engaged in teamwork - a rare sight around here.


2 comments:

jensenbo said...

What a wonderful idea taking the kids down to your beautiful beach on a warm sunny Fall day. We can't do that too often -- so glad you had the opportunity. The pictures of the kids were great --- especially the sunset shot.

dr said...

Cool pics. Love the sunset. Nothing better than an impromptu dip in the lake.