Friday, September 19, 2008

If only he knew how to spell...

Evan came home with his first art project of the school year. He was so proud to show me his family tree. He tends to get a little glue happy but other then that, it is a masterpiece!


As I was telling him what a great job he did, something jumped out at me...


He had listed everyone in our family by their first name except for Dad.

Mommy: Did your teacher ask you what your Dad's name is?

Evan: Yes.

Mommy: Do you know Daddy's name?

Evan: Yes.

Mommy: What did you tell her Daddy's name was?

Evan: I told her my Dad's name is Shrent.

He was saying Trent, but he was saying it in his own little Evan way that is so hard for others to understand sometimes. Especially a new teacher that he has only known for five days. She must have been like "Ok, I have no idea what this kid is saying - let's just put Dad." I don't know how she figured out what Spencer's name was. Evan told me that he told his teacher that his "bruder's name was Scency". God bless her.

I still love the way he talks. I am confident that someday he will grow out of it, so for now I just try to laugh and soak up the cuteness!


4 comments:

Lesley said...

Awe, so cute, Shrent. He definitely has a way for speech. It reminds me of an english type of accent. It reminds me of that utube video with the kid...awe, Charlie bit me!! I will send the link.

Anonymous said...

"Soak up the cuteness!" Love it!
and I love that you were able to blog this conversation! Such a great memory to save!!!

jensenbo said...

What a cute little family tree Ev made at school. I love the way he talks, even though I can't understand him sometimes. And he does get frustrated with me when he repeats his words cuz I don't know what he's saying. :)
He's a cutie!!

dr said...

I love that little Evers. What a cutie. I love the way he talks, too. His auntie couldn't say her r's.
I eventually went to see the speech therapist (but not till I was in 2nd grade, I think) Definitely soak up the cuteness.