Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A few things about Evan...

The day Evan's soccer team was getting their team picture and individual pictures taken, we were on the boat on our way to Wisconsin. I felt bad. My brain instantly started to brainstorm ways to get him photographed. I could bring him to another team's practice so at least he would have a soccer picture. I could order the team photo and scan it and photoshop him in.
All good ideas, but very unneccessary. At the end of the year they always group together for a team photo with their trophies in hand -that will be good enough. As far as the individual shot, the picture below is just as good, if not better (if I do say so myself) than the photo of Spencer that the "professional" took last spring. I don't know who they got to take the pictures - they are fine. I am sure that after taking hundreds of photos of hundreds of kids with a soccer ball in their hands or with a soccer ball under their foot - you tend to get a little hmm...bored out of your skull with the monotony and just don't really care that much anymore. In contrast, when you have one kid to photograph and the lure of a slurpee hanging over their head...you get this photo on the second shot.



If anyone reading this picked up from the last post that I said "impromptu interview with the boys"- boys being plural...here are Evan's answers to my probing questions.

Favorite dinosaur: T-rex

Favorite drink: water

Favorite color: red


Favorite food: corn on the cob

Favorite TV show: Go Diego Go!

Favorite movie: Alvin and the Chipmunks


Favorite friend at school: Caroline (he also calls her his girlfriend - the photo where he is covering part of his face is because I was asking about her)

Favorite friend at home: Mom (awwww...)

Favorite book: Any dinosaur book or Diego


Favorite thing to do at school: art

What do you want to be when you grow up? Veterinarian (where do my kids get their love of animals? Not from me!)

Favorite place to visit? Wisconsin Dells

Favorite number: 10,000

Favorite Wii game: Diego


Favorite animal: monkey

At this point he interupted me and told me "One more thing, I like plants!"

Favorite sport: baseball

Who is your hero? Mommy (awww...again!)

What are you most scared of? bats

Favorite game: The very hungry caterpillar card game

Favorite flavor of ice cream: chocolate


This last photo was my artsy attempt at some Photoshopping. I am taking a Photoshop class with my friend Lesley at the college. It is 20 years ago all over again!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

really cool shots of Evers. Way better than you would have gotten from the soccer photog!! I know, as I just had mine done last weekend. I am sure they are NOT that good!! Good job on your artsy photo!

dr said...

What a great idea to interview the kids. Very cute! Glad they both love the Dells as their #1 vacation spot. That means you have to come visit us at least every year!

jensenbo said...

Great pictures of cute, little Evs!! He's is an adorable child and I love the time we spend together. He's so much fun to talk too so I loved your little interview. Glad you and Les are taking the class together --- it will give you more creative ideas for photography --- even though I think you are pretty good now.