Tuesday, October 16, 2007

S "Pee" K

Last night was a crazy night at our house. If it wasn't so cloudy out, I would have sworn there must have been a full moon shining down on us.

Evan went to bed normally and got up to go potty ten minutes later as he always does. Just past nine thirty we heard him crying really hard. I went up to his room and he was laying with his eyes shut still crying. He must have been dreaming because I was talking to him but he wouldn't answer me. I picked him up and rocked him and whispered to him that he was okay and he calmed down. I don't think he has ever done anything like that before - if so, it was so long ago I can't even remember.

Hailey went to bed around 6:30 as she does pretty much every night now. For the past three nights, when I go in her room to tuck her in, I am overwhelmed with the smell of poop. She is pooping while she sleeps! This is becoming a habit I need to figure out how to break. I have to get her out of bed and change her and she gets cranky - who wouldn't, you are nice and snuggly in bed and someone comes along and takes your warm clothes off and wipes your bum with a freezing baby wipe. Ugh!

Spencer - where do I even start? Spencer is a hard sleeper. Last night after he went to bed, about a half hour later we hear him upstairs in a quiet panic saying "Will somebody help me?" We run upstairs and he is pacing back and forth down the hall holding his crotch. Trent led him into the bathroom and he peed and just stood there in a pee trance until Trent pulled his jammies up and led him back to bed. About twenty minutes later I saw him shuffling down the hall again and then he turned around and went back to his room. When I went to tuck him in, my sock was soaked from the tell tale puddle on the carpet. The boy has a hard time finding the bathroom if he wakes in the night to pee. Obviously. He has peed just about everywhere in this house. I know he doesn't pee down the stairs or right inside the bathroom door on purpose - I think he honestly thinks he is at the toilet. It is a little scary to me - it is almost like he is in a trance when he does it. He might talk to you, but makes no sense at all. I don't know what to do about it besides limit his liquid at night. He has a night light in his room and the night light in the bathroom right outside his door. Maybe it is something he will grow out of. Though Trent is kind of the same way. He is a hard sleeper as well. He will sleep-talk and sit upright in bed and start waving his arms in the air hunting the "white spider". So it might be like father like son. I just hope that Evan won't follow in their sleepsteps.

No comments: