Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hailey - 9 months


Our baby girl is nine months! Actually nine months plus - Mommy has just been slow to blog her milestone. I guess the biggest event of the past month is that she ate "real" food for the first time. Cheese. She loves cheese. She devours it - I need to cut up some other foods for her to try and see if she gobbles them as well. As far as baby food, we are still feeding her the "2's". I should probably bump her up to the "3's" with the added texture since she does well with Cheerios, Gerber puffs and now cheese hunks.



She doesn't have any teeth yet, but I am thinking soon since she gnaws on anything she can get her hands on (including her hands) with a vengeance. She still rolls around everywhere, but has made some progress towards crawling. She will get one knee up in crawling position but the other leg just lays there. She doesn't get her belly up off the floor, but like that can push off with her toes a bit. She is getting there - her brothers are so excited for her to crawl. They aren't going to know what hit them!

She is babbling a ton more. Says mamama, dadada, lalalala and lots of ahhhhs. She seems to be realizing that if she cries she gets attention because if she wants to be held and we set her down for a second - she lets loose! She is still sleeping and going down to sleep very well. I think we will have to lower her crib down a setting soon. It seems like just yesterday that we were raising the crib up in anticipation of our new baby. Those newborn months just fly by in a surreal haze. On a similiar note, I think she is ready for the big bathtub but I am still putting her in the baby one because I just love that little tub and can't bear to see it sent to the basement or (gasp!) garage sale pile. She will love the big tub - she is a big time splasher!



Nine months old. She has been on this Earth now as long as she was in my body. The baby days go by so much faster than the pregnancy. A whirlwind that I can't imagine my life without.

No comments: