Friday, October 5, 2007

Do you need a belt with those?

Trent was wearing my jeans this morning. I managed to roll over in bed and squint in his direction and saw him trying to figure out why they didn't seem to fit. You know the butt patting and deep knee bends to try to break them in after a wash - that was what I saw. As he turned I thought I saw the tell tale Guess? triangle on the pocket. He doesn't have Guess? jeans.

J: "What jeans are those?""

T: "I think they are yours."

J: Yet you are STILL wearing them! "They ARE mine!"

T: "I can't find mine. Do you know where they are?"

J: Trying to think of a sarcastic comment about laundry, but it is too early "They are probably in the laundry room. Why don't you just wear your khakis?"

His jeans were in the laundry - the washer, still wet to be specific. He wore khakis. The whole scene was pretty funny in a Michael Scott "Today has been a bad day. I accidentally cross-dressed" sort of way. It is not like Trent is a HUGE guy so it isn't a stretch (get it) that he could fit in my jeans, but it sure does make me rethink that ice cream I had while watching Grey's Anatomy last night.

No comments: