Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Obsession



Since taking my latest camera class last week, I am now in full blown photomaniac mode. The camera rep from Olympus helped the madness by commenting to me how my pictures were very good. That I had a good eye. I walked out of there with my chest puffed up - not only with milk, but with pride.


So I have been scouring websites and looking with awe and jealously at the photos that some people are able to take. I am interested in mostly the kid and family photos. On the sites of these photographers, the photo colors and clarity are just amazing and I am banging my head against the wall trying to emulate their images.


Aperture. Shutter speed. Light. These shouldn't be that hard. The books and teachers say to go out and experiment until you know what your camera can do and what works. I still can't seem to get what I am going for. I went out with Hailey today and shot about 100 pictures in 20 minutes (thank God for digital cameras) and none of them are what I really wanted to shoot. She was not in a posing mood either which makes it difficult. I guess I just keep shooting- and waiting for the next class.














No comments: