Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jumping into fall!



We have been blessed with summer like weather so far this fall. In fact over this past weekend, it felt more like August, not October. These photos were taken up north at Uncle Troy and Aunt Joann's cabin. The water was a little chilly - but it was OCTOBER 7th! I don't think that I have ever in my life swam in a lake in October. Pretty cool!
Fall has definitely set in today. Windy, cold and 50 degrees. I love the fall. I love the coziness about it. I love the down home dinners that can cook in the oven for hours. I love warm sweaters and cuddling under all the blankets at night. I love the crisp air. I love the holidays - Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love all the activities - pumpkin hunting, apple picking, leaf pile jumping. We have some fun days ahead of us.
It has been nice to have summer drag on though. In the long, cold winter months we will be counting the days until we get to Cannonball in the water again. Maybe this little reprieve will make it seem just a little sooner.

No comments: