Wednesday, July 24, 2013

He likes it. He really likes it.

It's kind of late for an old lady like me and I am tired and ready to go to bed, but I knew I had uploaded these pictures earlier this week.  The days ahead of me look even more busy so I see more tiredness in my future.  I figured I better get these on here while I have a chance.
 
Spencer participated in his second year of theatre camp last week.  To say he loves it would be a gross understatement.  I am a bit mad at myself because this is the last year that he is in the age range to do it.  He may even have exceeded the age range, but since he went to DK he was all right as far as grade level.  I had first heard of this camp when he was in Kindergarten from a fellow classmates mom.  I tried to get him in, but in those days the camp wasn't super popular so they only did it for one week of the summer and by the time I called it was filled.  I am fairly certain they held it in the years that followed and it must have grown in popularity because now they fill three sessions a summer - but I never enrolled him until last year.  I never wanted to commit to a week long "school" type scenario thing for him during the summer because what fun would that be? 
 
Apparently to him?  A ton of fun.  And really when you think about it, a week of fun classes sure beats sitting in front of the TV or computer.  If you miss out on a couple of beach or pool days, what is the big deal?  There are lots of beach days in a typical summer. 
 
 
This year the show they put on was 101 Dalmatians and Spencer had the role of one of Cruella DeVille's bumbling henchmen.  Cruella was definitely the lead, but Spencer was way up there.  He had lots of lines and the three of them were on stage almost the whole show. 
 


By the way if you wonder if the old adage of "girls mature faster than boys" is true.  The girl playing Cruella turned ten years old that week of camp.  Spencer will be twelve in a few days.  Two years apart.  Holy cow!





Trying to lure the puppies away with Kanine Krunchies.





The three of them had a lot of choreography to learn as well.   They did a great job.









Our little henchman glowing with pride after the show.






I am thinking that something to do with the theatre will end up to be his "thing".

On Friday morning before drop off at the theatre I asked him if he was tired of the show and glad it would be done later that day.  His reply was that he wished it went on longer because he was having so much fun.

Later that evening as we were getting ready for lights out he told me he wished the play wasn't over because every night before bed he got to look forward to something the next day.   So yeah - I think he really likes it.


No comments: