Monday, November 1, 2010

It was a Happy Halloween!

We had amazing weather for trick or treating this year! I am always happy when my kids can go door to door without a coat covering up their costumes.


Spencer insisted on a store bought ninja costume this year. I am not a fan of the costumes that come all packaged up in the plastic storage bag. But he could not be persuaded. I think it mostly had to do with the sweet double sword thingy he got to wear on his back. The thing I have kept hidden from him since the day we bought it because I knew it would take about three seconds for them to break that thing. Now that it is in regular toy rotation, I give it a week before it ends up in the trash.







I was thrilled with how Evan's mummy costume turned out! I love the feeling of accomplishment to sit back and look at something that I actually MADE and see that it actually looks like someone that knows what they are doing could have made it.



I was also really happy with how Hailey's costume came together. She didn't know what she wanted to dress up as - it changed on a daily basis. I had suggested Pinkalicious or Fancy Nancy to her but she wasn't really feeling it. She had semi decided on a bad witch. Which would have been cute, but I didn't really know if I could take on two costume sewing jobs in one month. One day we were at TJ Maxx and she spotted this cupcake dress. She told me she wanted to buy it to wear to school. I told her that it wasn't really appropriate for a school dress BUT if she wanted to be Pinkalicious for Halloween it would be perfect. She was sold!


So we bought a pink wig and put "pinktails" in it and painted a magic wand and the rest of the stuff she already had in her dress up stash. By the way, the pictures of her are atrocious. The lighting is bad - do you see the blue light coming into our sidelights? What is that all about? My ISO is ramped up about as high as it can go so there is tons of grain. I almost want to dress her up again and retake these outside. How wrong is that?


And for those of you who have no idea who Pinkalicious is or what she looks like, here you go!




She was very excited to go to her class party!

All in all a pretty great Halloween. The boys ran like crazies with a couple of their friends around the neighborhood. Evan led the way for the first time in his life - he was on a mission. Hailey even kept up with the boys for WAY longer than I thought she would. What am I talking about? She was getting candy - she would have walked all night long.

They ate candy when they got home and candy for breakfast and candy for snacks when they got home from school. Then they packed up five pounds of it and sold it for a dollar a pound to a local dentist. I didn't really think they would do it so I was really proud. In fact when I told Spencer to sort his he told me he would take it all because "we have enough candy around here". Truer words were never spoken.

1 comment:

dr said...

Love the kiddos in their costumes. It was awesome weather for Halloween this year. One of these years, it would be fun to do Halloween together. Maybe when the girls get a little older!