Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What they're thankful for...

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."
--John F. Kennedy

We put new "leaves" on our annual thankful tree again this year. I am always surprised every year by the different levels of enthusiasm that the kids put into it. Last year Spencer was very into it - this year not so much. This year Evan wanted to cut out all of his own leaves and write on them. I usually request that they do five leaves or so a piece - Ev decided that he wanted to make nine. Alrighty then. Hailey thought it was a fun project but I think she didn't quite "get" the whole "thankful" theme. She seemed thankful for holidays in general - mainly fall holidays.

What Hailey is thankful for: pumpkins, Santa, Halloween, My Dickens, my friends.

What Evan is thankful for: cat, air, toys, frens(friends), mom, dad, food, God, spas(space).

What Spencer is thankful for: TV, toys, mom and dad, life, school.

Have a wonderful, blessed and thankful Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

dr said...

I love this tradition. I almost copied you this year, but ran out of time. Next year it will make more sense to Mira, although she was really into Thanksgiving this year.

jensenbo said...

Very nice things to be thankful for!!

I am thankful for my wonderful family!!