Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Play that "funky" music....

I have been in a funk these last couple of days.

I am not sure why. Nothing is really wrong. I have a fun week to look forward to with my sister and her family coming to visit. I should be pumped full of entertaining adrenaline. I don't know what it is. I just feel a bit down.


I know one of the things that is weighing on my mind that I won't get into right now. I don't have the time or the finger strength to type out the whole messed up, sordid saga.

Maybe it's because even though our painting is finished (and looks fabulous by the way - my husband is a rockstar!) our house is still in shambles.

Maybe because at my doctor appointment two days ago the scale told me I was ten pounds heavier than my at home scale tells me I am.


Maybe it's because my summertime goal to get in better shape is basically non existent at this point in time.

Maybe it's because I haven't seen Edward's new movie yet and it has been out for almost twenty four hours now.

Maybe because tomorrow is July first and I feel like the summer is flying by and I feel like we haven't done much at all with our kids yet.


Maybe it's because I had to have a mammogram yesterday and even though it was purely routine and my doctor found nothing to be concerned about, I still worry that something will show up.

Maybe because the kid's came home from school on the last day with folders full of summer "homework" activities to keep their minds sharp and we haven't even opened them in the last three weeks.


That is a little snippet of what has been going on in my head for the last couple of days.

It helped a lot this afternoon when the kids and I decided to take a walk to the beach. It was really windy and not super warm. The only one that braved the water was Evan. It was just nice to sit in the sand and put my feet into the water. We sat on the shore and built castles and buried our bodies in the sand. It really is an amazing (and therapeutic) place.

Hopefully tomorrow when I wake up I will find that the funk has lifted!

Photo note: I didn't feel like bringing my camera to the beach today. (Also proof of the "funk"!) These photos are from the other night when we decided to ride our bikes down there to watch the sunset. Evan is not in any of the photos because he was spending the night with Grama. We were about forty five minutes or so early for the sunset and couldn't stay to actually watch it because of a diaper emergency with Hailey. (She was already for bed and in her pull up - that is why she is pantless in the photos. Spencer happened to still be wearing his suit and dove right into the water even though it was after nine o'clock.) I absolutely love the light in these photos.

No comments: