Monday, January 4, 2010

Llama llama bragging mama

One day last month as Hailey and I were in the car going somewhere, I asked her about her birthday party. I questioned her about what kind of party she wanted to have. Princess? No. Ponies? No. Barbie? No. Everything I could think of that she liked, her reply was no. In a joking sort of way, I mentioned her favorite book at the time. A "Llama Llama Red Pajama" party? YES!

Instantly I tried to think of something else that would trump a llama party because seriously - what was I thinking? They don't make plates for that! And anyone that has been to one of my parties knows that the party theme is a really big deal for me. But as the idea started to sink in a bit, it started to inspire me. A Llama Llama Red Pajama party. The kids can wear pajamas to the party! The decorations can be red! I can pull this off!

So out of a joke on my part, came the cutest invitations (if I do say so myself) that I have ever come up with. I have to put my scrap booking stuff to some sort of use because heaven knows I don't use it for scrap booking.



Gotta love Photoshop!


Just because I am a total dork and I am so excited about the money I saved on party "tableware" (is that even a word?), here are the plates and napkins that I got on CLEARANCE. Fifty percent off the original price since they were considered Christmas merchandise. I usually leave the party store with about forty dollars worth of "theme" plates, napkins, table cloth etc. I got all of that stuff for about six dollars for this party. And the blue and red plates - totally match the colors in the book - don't look Christmasy to me - also in the Christmas CLEARANCE!
So I guess right now I am glad that this cute little girl with the dirty hot chocolate face couldn't be persuaded out of her party choice. The only thing nagging at me now is how much I want to make her a pair of red, flannel pajamas to wear to the party. I had the pattern and the fabric in my cart the other day but I had to talk myself out of it. I managed to persuade myself, but barely. Don't think I am not still considering it. I can just see myself up until the wee hours of morning - sewing hours before the party. To quote Rob Thomas "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell." Enough said.

2 comments:

jensenbo said...

I love the invites!! You are such a creative, little Mommy, Jenna!! I'm am totally looking forward to Hailey's party, but do Gramma's have to wear red pajamas too??? :))

Brandi said...

OMW! The invitations are fabulous! I too have a theme issue with birthday parties and can easily spend $50 at the party store. WOW on your bargain and they are cute, cute, cute!!! So, now I must get the Llama, llama book 'cause I've NEVER read it! :)