Saturday, November 1, 2008

So a firefighter, a Harley guy and a cheerleader walk into this bar...

Dear Goo, Voov and Wee,

Yesterday was Halloween, and what a Halloween it was! First, I have to say that you all were so cute in your costumes I could hardly stand it. Every time I would look at one of you I would just smile. I know that all moms probably think that their kids are the cutest, but they are wrong -because you three have that title in a hands down tie! (Sorry Moms, but this is a letter to my kids, so I can say whatever I want!)

It was a whirlwind of a day that started out with Evan's class party. I was the organizer of the party and took my organizer duties so seriously that when I found out that one of the crafts planned had been accidentally duplicated - Gasp! - I managed to come up with a whole new craft on the fly and run to the store to get the supplies for the craft and still have time to do some dishes before the party started. It was a lot of fun to watch you enjoying the crafts and playing the games with your little friends. Four year olds are tricky. They are right on the verge of still playing by themselves and starting to interact with their peers. I liked getting a glimpse of your days in the classroom and how you interact. I love your teacher and am so glad that things worked out the way they did and you are able to have her this year.

Spencer's party was held in the afternoon. I wasn't the planner for his but did get assigned to bring a snack/craft which was popcorn filled plastic gloves - ghostly, creepy hands! You played your "cool guy" costume to its fullest. You are Mr. Social and all over and checking out what everyone is doing. So many moms were asking you to pose for pictures with their kids. I just stand back and think to myself that you must get that from your Dad because I was SO not like that in school. This was the first time that I have been to your classroom this year and I loved seeing your desk and locker. I am so happy that you enjoy school.

You got to visit all of your Grandparents and show them your costumes. I know that they all love to see you guys and this is a special thing because a lot of kids don't live near their relatives. We trick or treated with some of your friends for the first time this year. That was a new experience for us. We just stood back and watched how excited you were and listened to your happy shrieks and shrills as you guys and your buddies ran from house to house filling up your pumpkins with candy. Evan was hilarious because he was singing songs at the top of his lungs from house to house "I just got a giant Hershey bar in my bag......". We walked until your legs could walk no more and then came back to relieve Grama and Grampa of their candy passing out duties. You guys like that almost as much as trick or treating - you like to see the kids in costume come to the door. Spencer even called out a cheater who came to our house twice. You are a smart and observant kid. When eight o' clock struck you guys dove into your bags full of candy. Evan spread his all over the dining room table, then quickly into a bowl he could guard better after Hailey started to pillage it. Spencer took his out one by one and sorted it all into piles of likeness. Daddy told me that he used to do the very same thing. After filling up with candy you all got into your jammies and watched a bit of a Halloween movie and then went off to bed with sweet Halloween dreams and freshly brushed teeth.

It was a busy, chaotic, crazy, entertaining, full, amazing and fun day! I can't wait to do it all again next year!


Love, Mom

Blog note: I know this is a very photo heavy post, but there were so many pictures of them in costume that I LOVED! You are actually lucky that I didn't post them all!


Evan in his "Fighter Fighter" costume. I LOVE how he says that instead of "Firefighter". He has been talking about being a fighter fighter since the summer.





While I was taking his picture, a cat walked up to us. How perfect is that? Fire fighters get cats down from trees all the time right? Well, they do on kids TV shows!


Thanks Cousin Grant for the cool Harley jacket! Spencer loved his "cool motorcycle guy" look!







Daddy's little pride and joy. I am positive that this little girl in this costume is what caused the Spartans to get that winning field goal today! What else could it be?











I had to post this picture of our little angel who climbed up onto the dining room table this morning to get into her Halloween candy! She is such a naughty monkey! She should have dressed up as Curious George!




3 comments:

Lesley said...

Their costumes turned out awesome!!
Spencer is definitely following in his daddy's footsteps, I can see the theatrics coming through the phot.

jules said...

What cute pictures, sounds like the kids really enjoyed Halloween. They are all growing up so fast.

jensenbo said...

What a fun Halloween the kiddies had and such darling costumes they wore. The excellent photos you took captured their excitement to a tee. It brings back memories of you and Dana sorting through all your candy on Halloween night. What fun that was. Very touching post, J!!