Saturday, November 8, 2008

Seriously, is there a support group for this?

"I'm like a chocoholic, but for booze."

(My all time favorite fake quote from "The Onion" - this just made me think of it. I am demented. Or maybe just over-tired.)


"Hi! My name is Jennifer. I am a photoaholic."

Trent is at the play. Hailey is sleeping. The boys are watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I am sorting pictures. A lot of pictures.

The boxes have been on my scrapbook table for months. I figured since next weekend I am going on a weekend long scrapbook fest, I better get my stuff organized. Part of getting organized requires actually being able to see what is buried on the table. So the sorting began.

The scary part is that this mass of photos encompasses five months of time. March to August. I was actually pretty impressed that it was five months. I think the first five weeks of Spencer's life yielded this kind of crop of photos. I am obsessed.







Just getting them to this point restores my internal feng shui. I don't think I can legitimately call myself a scrapbooker anymore since I can count on one hand the times in the last year that I sat down and scrapbooked. Two. I will keep at it the best I can, but my hopes of ever being caught up are quite dashed at this point. I bought some cheap insert (GASP!!!!) photo books that I can just put the photos in for the time being so that we can at least look at them. That will be the next project now that the photos are sorted. I have a long road ahead of me, but I will get there.

And then the next box will arrive.




2 comments:

Lesley said...

Arrgh....just reminds me of my completely covered craft table. I still need to sort, humph! Stresses me out.

jensenbo said...

Tons of pictures!! Good thing you have digital these days; it sure does help.

PS. But it's worth it to have many pics; look at all the memories you've saved.