Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thirty six +

I had to post a couple of pictures of Hailey wearing this sweater. The sweater is actually a dress and yep, you guessed it - it was mine. Another little gem that Grama managed to hang on to all of these years. Hailey wore it to Evan's soccer game last Saturday and looked so cute and got so many compliments on it. At one point my Mom was just laughing and when I asked her what was so funny, she told me she was just roaring at Hailey running around in a thirty seven year old shirt! It is pretty funny!

In the pictures you will notice that she is also wearing a cute little knitted scarf. The scarf was just given to her by Grama Lyn. Grama made it for her boys to use when they were little - so the scarf is getting up there in age and longevity as well. I love it - it is the perfect size for a little girl.

The photos of her vintage ensemble did not turn out so great. Evan was my assistant and she was much more interested in him then me. She did not want to look at the camera and when she finally did - I ran out of memory card. Time to clean out the camera!








Speaking of clothes and cleaning...I finally organized Evan's closet this morning. For some reason, packing up and putting away my kid's clothes is so hard for me. I just packed it all up. Even the worn out and not so cute stuff. As far as permanently getting rid of it via garage sale or consignment shop, I am resorting to the Scarlett O'hara mentality "I'll just think about that tomorrow!" Baby steps. The pile of too small stuff in his room was enormous. Evan asked what we where going to do with it and I told him that we were putting it away because it didn't fit him anymore. He was very bummed out about me taking his clothes. He asked me if Hailey was going to get them. I told him that Hailey would probably get some of them, but she is a girl and his clothes were boy clothes. The boy/girl part must not have registered much with him because later when he was helping me put them into the tub he was telling me about each item. Hailey gets this cute dog sweatshirt. Hailey will love these softpants. Here are some jeans for Hailey. Hailey might be scared of this T-rex shirt. It was very cute and I loved to hear him telling me about his outgrown clothes. When we had the tub filled (to the brim - I don't think another thing could fit in it) he looked at it and told me "Wow! Hailey is sure getting a lot of new clothes!" He is such a sweet little guy.


Finally....here is a photo of Hailey's mommy in the "dress". The info on the back of the photo says that I was seventeen months old. Look at the difference in HAIR! I had probably even had a cut by then.




6 comments:

jensenbo said...

I love, love the pictures of Hailey in her mommy's vintage top. She is such a model --- of course, your little assistant was a great help to you too. Ev --- must be hard getting rid of his old clothes. He must take after his gramma --- you should see some of my old things ---- from the
70's!! What am I going to do with them? Just wait, they will be in-style soon -- but they won't fit me. Maybe Hai in 15 years. Hee, hee :)

jensenbo said...

ps. And that picture of you is soo cute. (glad you found it) You were a cutie too. (with longer hair, of course). :))

jensenbo said...

pps. If, and I doubt it --- you had your haircut when this picture was taken --- it was probably your mommy that cut it. No fancy salon for us in those days. Check out your bangs. Looks like I did trim them. :))

dr said...

I love these photos. Hailey is such a little fashion plate. Mira is totally reaping the benefits of that! The sweater is awesome. Grama is onto something saving all those treasures! I love that you posted the picture of yourself, Jen. That hair - wow!

Lesley said...

I love the vintage clothes that she has. I love that you wore them as a little girl, then you add the pic of you in the same outfit.

CaptHook said...

I sure wish you would explain the tendency to "save" things--too bad you double dipped and got it from both sides!!!!

Great work ---again!!!!