Tuesday, October 14, 2008

As good as it gets...

I love to have an excuse to photograph my kids. When Grandma Lyn said that she needed a recent "good" photo of the three of them for a secret project...there it was.

Photographing the three of them together is never an easy task. They never seem to look at the camera at the same time. One is for sure not smiling. Another might be on the verge of scowling or tears due to the fact that they don't want to be in the picture. To even attempt to photograph the three, I need help from a second party - i.e. Trent. He is always happy (maybe a better word would be willing) to help but sometimes does not share my vision. He is more along the lines of "OK - you took one, good enough!" Where as I am more of the "Let's switch angles and backgrounds. Let's try one with flash! OK - no flash! We are going to keep on shooting until they are all crying or I run out of memory card!" Even after all of that, it is a rarity to actually get a shot that I am happy with - let alone one suitable for framing or enlarging.

Here are some of my favorites from the latest shoot.








This last one, the one I am sending to Grandma for her secret project, was the first picture I shot. Maybe Trent is on to something...



3 comments:

jensenbo said...

IT is a great shot --- as are all the others. What cute kiddies. I love the way Hailey's blue eyes stand out from the two brown-eyed boys. :)

PS. They would look good on Christmas cards too.

dr said...

Terrific pics. You need to come do a photo shoot with Mirabel!

Lesley said...

oh, so cute, very vivid color!