Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Where did March go?


I can't believe that I haven't posted anything since February. Then when I go back through my photos for the month, I can't believe that I have not had a nervous breakdown.  We have had so much going on this month. 

It all started with Spencer's Willy Wonka show.  


He did a wonderful job.  They had lots of rehearsals and some of them were LONG rehearsals.  I never heard him once complain about having to stay after school or practice on a Saturday or whine about missing something because of rehearsal.  He LOVES this. 



Hailey and Daddy attended their second Father and Daughter dance.   She looks forward to this night for weeks.  Especially the dance night "spa" that Mommy has ready for her when she gets home from school.




Evan raced his "Blood Fin Rex" car in the Pinewoood Derby.  He was so close to winning third place in his division.


He ended up with a trophy anyway for "Pack Pick" - which is the favorite car chosen by the kids.  This is the second year in a row that he has won this award.  That kid knows how to build a great car!


Trent put on his production of Joseph. It was a huge hit.  Everyone that saw it could not believe that it was a high school production.




On Saturday night, Hailey had a cameo role as Potiphar Jr.





And what did I do all month?  This....


Ibuprofen, xrays, MRI, physical therapy, ice packs, heating pads.   Finally a visit to an orthopaedic doctor to diagnosis me with Adhesive Capsulitis - frozen shoulder.   Two weeks ago I had my shoulder manipulated and now I am back in physical therapy.



It has been a long road.  My shoulder has been bothering me since November.  It is finally feeling like it might be on the way to recovery.  My shoulder muscles are really messed up and my scapula is crooked and not turning the right way.   I know I am lucky and could be dealing with much worse and I keep reminding myself of that when my arm just aches from therapy and I can't sleep at night because of the pain.


That was our March - just a few things going on.  We are all so ready for Spring and for things to calm down just a little bit. 

No comments: