Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Festive

I sort of dropped the ball (or should I say egg) on decorating for Easter this year.  I don't know why it seemed to arrive so quickly, but here we were just about a week out with nary a rabbit or egg to be found in our house.  I thought about skipping the decorations all together but knew I couldn't - the kids LOVE to get holiday stuff out. 
 
So I rallied and brought up the tubs.  I decided since it would all come down a week later that we would decorate light this year.  Since it was a warm day, I sent Hailey and Evan out to adorn the egg tree.
 


Evan showing off his war wound from his bike accident the night before.   He and the neighbor boy crashed into each other on bikes.  The neighbor boy was unscathed since he fell into a snow bank.  Evan messed up his knee and his chin pretty bad.



We got the egg tree decorated and looking beautiful a few hours before gale force winds ripped through the neighborhood and blew about half of them off the tree.  This morning we woke up to a snow covered winter wonderland.  Oh Mother Nature!  Why do you have to tease us so?

No comments: