Friday, December 7, 2012

Really?


What is this blog coming to?  Did she seriously just post a picture of deodorant?

Yes, I did just post a picture of deodorant.  It is sort of a monumental purchase. 

It all began yesterday when I was cleaning Spencer's room and trying to discern between clean and dirty clothes by doing the all important mom skill - the sniff test.  On some of his dirty shirts, the pits smelled a little like BO.  At first I was a bit taken aback, but then I realized - I guess he is eleven - his pits are supposed to start to stink. 

So today while out running errands I saw the deodorant aisle and decided to buy my first born his first pit stick.   The funny part of the story is how long it took me to pick it out.  Let me preface it by telling you that when it comes to deodorant for Trent or I, I buy whatever is on sale - always less than two dollars and I sometimes get crazy and mix up the scent.   In picking out deodorant for Spencer, I didn't know what to do.  I didn't want anything super scented - I didn't want him to smell like he was wearing cologne - the Axe line was definitely out.   I was a little nervous about the chemicals in the deodorant.  I am not nervous about them for Trent or me - just another example of how you want better for your kids than yourself. 

As you can see from the picture, I went with the Tom's.  The natural part of it made me feel good about it, but at just under five bucks, it was super pricey in my opinion.  I justified it by thinking that since he is little, it should last him a while.  Let's be honest here, most days he probably won't even put it on.

No comments: