Monday, January 31, 2011

Brrr....!

It is COLD outside! This morning on the way to the store, my car told me that the temperature outside was nine degrees - and that isn't taking into account the wind chill.

The sun came out over the weekend and started to melt our sun catchers a little bit. It didn't take long for them to freeze back up though. Now they look a little sinister I think.

We have so many icicles this year. Much more than I remember in the past few years. Maybe a strange melt and freeze pattern this year or our house is getting older and losing a lot more heat. I hope the latter is not true.

They are predicting a blizzard for us on Wednesday, so we will see what happens with that. Sometimes it seems they predict these doomsday scenarios and then we get barely an inch or two. I know that this storm is packing a punch in the south though so...maybe? Honestly I am a little excited to see a big snowfall. I don't think my kids have ever seen one in the magnitude they are predicting. We have tons of food - as long as our heater keeps on running, we will be fine.

No comments: