Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Out of the backpack

I am feeling extremely overwhelmed these days.  If you could see our calendar you wouldn't need to ask why.  Three kids going three different places at once can do that to you.  I am tired.  Tired of the rain.  Tired of going nonstop.  Tired of adding commitments.  There isn't an end in sight, but I do think seeing the sun would help.  

On crazy days sometimes it just takes pulling a drawing or piece of writing out of the kid backpacks to make me smile.  The past week I have found some gems. 


The teacher gives them the starter phrase...Over spring break ...I goed to my cousins house and my cabin.


"Cabin" or at least the start of it, was on the back of the sheet all by itself.


This was a picture on the back of one of her worksheets.  I love how she is walking Dickens and I love the detail with his claws.  She prides herself in knowing how to spell Evan, but Spencer alludes her - he is always represented with only an "s".


Oh the confusion between a "b" and a "d".   I can ride my bike.  I can ride my scooter.  I love how she spelled "ride" as "rib".  I love how she spelled scooter.

The rest of the drawings were on a sheet that Evan brought home listing core Democratic values.  I love his drawings.  I feel like my kids are really good at sketching and coloring pictures.  Maybe I am just biased and admittedly, I don't see a lot of other work, but I still think they are pretty awesome.



I love the crack in the Liberty Bell.



This one cracked me up.  I don't really know if it is offensive or not.


This one made me laugh as well.  The truth from our government.. I broke it...GRRR.


I don't know what this is all about. It kind of reminds me of the Terminator with the red cyborg eye.


I loved this one with the judge and his powdered wig sitting behind the desk.


I have lots to post about our weekend away and Cub Scout stuff, but I need to get organized around here first.  We have another busy night around here with baseball practice and a parents meeting at the middle school.  GASP!

No comments: