Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thrify Thursday

I have been wanting to hit the thrift stores lately in the worst way, I just haven't been able to find the time until this morning.  My intent was to get a good start on Halloween (I think my kids have finally decided what they want to be) but I didn't have any luck with that.  I think I may have to drag out the old sewing machine and actually "make make" the costumes this year as opposed to just putting them together.
 

Oh Valueland!  How I love thee!  I found a cute pink fleecy sweatshirt for me.  Since I have to be seen in public at the bus stop every morning I find myself needing some new casual threads.  I got Hailey a pink and sparkly silver striped top for fifty cents.  I was super excited about this fleecy jacket/sweatshirt I found.  I initially thought it would be for Evan, but it would probably fit Spencer as well.  I will have to see which one is in need of a fall jacket.  It was even half off so $1.50 for something my boys will fight over.


At Goodwill number two I found two polo shirts for Spencer.  One an actual Polo brand - $2.00 each.  I found Hailey a cute little ruffled Old Navy shirt that I think will match perfectly with a super cute skirt my sister bought her that I love, but have a hard time matching tops to.


 I really scored at Goodwill number one.  I spent twenty five dollars which is probably a thrift store record for me.    I found Spencer this gray and black lightweight sweater.  The boy lacks in dressy clothes.  I found this dress for Hailey at the last minute which was kind of a impromptu buy.  It is actually brown and turquoise though it looks black in the photo.  It is a size six so it should fit her next summer.  I guess for three dollars you can't really go wrong with a cute summer dress.  Whether she really needs it or not.


At the same Goodwill I found this shirt with an eight on it for Evan that I thought he would get a kick out of since it is his age.   I also nabbed up this cat frame which is going in the pile of Christmas gifts.  Once I slap a photo of Dickens in there - a nice $1.50 gift for my cat loving boy.


One of my giant scores of the day was this red wool GAP coat that I found for Hailey.  It was three dollars at Goodwill number one.  It was a size too big for her, but I could not pass it up.  A name brand wool coat for three dollars! It is a classic that will never go out of style!

 
 Look how cute the back is with the little buttons!  I was so excited!
 

Another great find was at the Rescue Mission store where I grabbed this frame for three dollars.  I like the "when I am an old woman I will wear purple" quote, but in cleaning my office I found many pieces of my kids artwork that I want to hang.  I was going to make a list and wait for a great Hobby Lobby sale but now I can cross one of those frames off.  Even on sale I would have paid three times what I did for a frame like that.


And last but not least, our new beach chair.  This was ten dollars at the Goodwill, but I knew it was worth it because I bought my mom the exact same chair for her birthday last month and paid almost three times  the cost of this one!  It will have to sit on the shelf for a few months, but will get plenty of use next summer!

No Halloween costumes, but a great day of bargain hunting!

No comments: