Thursday, July 19, 2012

Just another day...

My kids can be kind of weird. Maybe quirky is a better word. I am not sure what the word to use would be. I don't think their "weirdness" is bad.  I am pretty sure that most people think that I am weird - my husband too.   In fact I firmly believe the weirder you are, the better off in life you will be.   You just have to embrace the weirdness and realize that you are who you are - it doesn't matter a hill of beans what people think about you. 

Being that they inherited a whole bunch of weirdness, it didn't surprise me too much to see Hailey ready for her swimming lessons coiffed up like this. 
 




It may have surprised me a bit more to see Evan's choice of ensemble for the day.  The shirt and shorts combo, not too bad, but the socks?  Not the fact that he had socks on - that boy loves him some comfy socks - but the fact that it was about ninety degrees outside and he was wearing those socks.  Granted it was overcast and we did have our air conditioning on for a bit.



Can you tell she had just about had it with the morning photo session?  Speaking of photos...I have not been very happy with my pictures lately.  They all seemed soft focused and not crisp.  I am not sure if my eyes are going (possibility) or my camera is all jacked up somehow from being dragged all through the damp and sand of Florida (another legitimate possibility).  I need to research how to get a camera professionally cleaned.  

Speaking of damp and Florida...we actually got some rain today.  The first rain we have had since we left Florida The Rain State.   It seems wrong to say on so many levels, but it was so nice to not feel the pressure to get outside and do something.  I was actually able to pick up all three kids rooms and organize Hailey's closet.  I even vacuumed all three rooms.  I made a yummy dinner AND homemade granola.  Look at me go with my rain induced awesomeness!!!  I need a few more rainy days really soon to keep my cleaning mojo up.  I am letting the guilt go a little bit because as I was lamenting about wanting to deep clean so much of my house this summer and just not having a bit of time or gumption, a good friend reminded me that in a few weeks school would be starting up and I would have all day long to clean by MYSELF.  I realized she was so right and decided to try to keep the house picked up, but not worry about what others can't see and just enjoy my kids while I have them for the next month and a half.

As I said before, it rained today so the kids were confined to the house and were immediately bored with Wii games and TV so I took Hailey and Evan aside and told them to make up a game and gave them a start to a back story and before I knew it, this was going on....


Hailey was a fairy princess kidnapped by an evil queen who was holding her for ransom.  She escapes the queen's fortress only to be lost in the woods until she meets the huntsman who willingly helps her formulate a plot to take down the queen.

Not to be left out is the evil queen's ninja henchman who is at first after the princess, but soon learns that he is the long lost brother of the huntsman and changes his heart for good and joins in on their plot to free the kingdom. 

They are so weird.  But so awesomely so!

No comments: