Saturday, July 21, 2012

A day at the beach


I was playing around in Photoshop tonight and created this collage of phone pictures from the beach today.   I recently upgraded my Elements program to Elements 10 from Elements 6 and am having trouble figuring it out.  I have a book for E6 and to buy the E10 book would be another forty or so dollars that I would like to avoid spending.  I am sure the upgraded version can do a lot of super cool stuff, I just need to learn how to do it. 

We had a good time at the beach today.  It turned a bit overcast which we weren't expecting, but the kids still had a blast swimming and rolling around in the sand and then swimming again to wash it all off.  Evan had a sad moment toward the end of the day when he realized that Grama and Spencer had started walking back to Grama's and I wouldn't let him go with them.  What a mean mom I am making my kid stay at the beach for a few more minutes!  He quickly perked up when he saw the Bionicles that Grama had grabbed for him at a yard sale. 

We left Grama's and came home and had a yummy tortellini dinner with tomatoes and basil from our garden!  I was even motivated enough to whip up some chocolate chip banana muffins with the quickly browning fruit fly attracting bananas on my counter.   The kids took showers after the beach and had their jammies on by six o'clock.   I am about ready to join them.  We are anxiously awaiting the return of  Daddy from his golf weekend tomorrow and ready for another fun week ahead.  It is going to be a big week for Spencer with the start of his acting camp on Monday and ending on Friday with his birthday!  I can't believe my baby boy will be eleven!!!

No comments: