Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The last Tuesday of the month

Hailey and I were sitting home this afternoon trying to think of something to do. Since our summer weather has turned into more seasonal temperatures, our daily beach treks are out for a while. I remembered that Valueland always has a sale where the whole store is fifty percent off on the last Tuesday of the month. Luckily, it just happened to be that Tuesday. Off to hunt for bargains we went.
The first thing I grabbed were these embroidery hoops. I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet, but I bought a small one about a month ago to make a cute little embroidered heart Valentine's Day decoration. I see them on blogs and Pinterest all the time with cute crafty ideas. Even buying some coordinating fabrics and stretching them on the frames and making a wall scape is always an option. I think I paid about two dollars for all of them.
I found this fleece jacket for Spencer. His coat situation is far worse than his pants situation has ever been if you can believe that. I don't know what the boy does to his coats but I am embarrassed to even have him wear them. It is even reversible - two dollars and fifty cents.
I got this dress for Hailey for ninety nine cents. It has a couple of pen marks on it, but they are in the fold of the dress so not too noticeable. I don't even know where she will wear this, but she loved it and for ninety nine cents, it was a no brainer.
A suit vest for Evan. Seventy five cents and he is the happiest little guy on Earth. He already wants to wear it to school.
A pair of gray jeans for Spencer and pink pants for Hailey. I think these were like a dollar a piece.
A nice heavy sweatshirt hoodie for Hailey for 1.50 - big enough to fit her for a couple years. I thought this would be great for spring baseball games and soccer practices.
And finally, two cute little dresses for Hailey's doll. She was so excited to put these little numbers on Baby Lila. They were fifty cents each.
In total I spent fourteen dollars and some change. I also got two shirts for me, but forgot to take a photo of them. I would say our bargains were worth the trip.

No comments: