Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I think I'll go for a walk outside now...

We are in the midst of a major warm spell right now. It is freaky how late spring like it is in our mid March. I am not complaining at all - it just doesn't seem right.

Hailey and I took advantage of a warm afternoon today and dug the Burley out of the shed. She wanted to go for a walk. A walk to the beach AND to the park - and she wasn't taking no for an answer.

We walked down to the beach for the first time this year and it was gorgeous - albeit super windy. It felt good to be there again. As I have said so many times before, this lake and this sand is part of my soul. I received some good health news yesterday and there seemed no better place for me to thank God for the blessings he continues to bestow upon my life. It was time to sit in the warm sand, take deep cleansing breaths and take it all in.

Hailey was thrilled to be able to dig in the sand again. She kept on burying her shovel and rake and then having to dig them up when she needed them again.
Dancing on the sand with her shadow. She has started to sing the words and do the motions to the song her group will perform at her dance recital. Oh My! Cutest thing EVER!
More dancing followed by running down the beach and even more dancing. I think this place is in her soul too.
Our temperatures are forecasted to stay way above normal. I see many more beach days in our near future.

No comments: