Friday, August 28, 2009

Narcissus

Oh Hailey! You are a firecracker. I don't know how it is possible to be so frustrated by someone one minute and thoroughly in love and smitten the next.

I captured these photos of you checking out how you looked in all of your "pretties" before we were headed to a football game. I succeeded in relaying to you the fact that all the pretties were a little much for the football game. The fact is that all the pretties would be a little much for dinner with the Queen of England. You settled on your giant purple heart necklace. The one I like to call "the heart of the ocean".









We went out to lunch today with the "ladies", but it was just you and I for a bit while we waited for the others to arrive. As I sat across from you in the booth watching you sip your water and color scribbles with the crayons, you just seemed like such a big girl to me. It was such a special little treat to get to spend some one on one time - just me and my girl.

2 comments:

jensenbo said...

What darling pictures of Hai and all her pretties!! She is getting to be such and big girl now!!

Lesley said...

Oh, how I love the 1 on 1 times with the kids!!! Those are the best!