Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A rite of spring?

The last time it was raining out, we did a lot of this.....


Please don't feel bad for my kids - I know they seem very deprived of toys. They really do have more - the basement is overflowing with them - their rooms are bursting at the seams with them. So don't feel inclined to send them gifts - really, they are happy with what little they have.

The previous paragraph was meant to be totally sarcastic. The "stuff" is once again starting to overwhelm me. I just can't get a handle on it. Last week we got these upstairs toy boxes weeded through and organized, but we still have many to go. Not to mention, Evan just had his birthday. Our neighborhood garage sale is this weekend but I don't think that I will be ready by then. Last year we waited until later in the summer and seemed to sell more. Otherwise the Goodwill truck comes by on Monday. I am thinking Good William may be getting an early Christmas present.

I was much more productive without the computer to tear me away. This little machine is a monkey that I have a hard time getting off my back. Also the kids - with the computer and them on my back and a cat crawling up my pant leg- it is hard to find time to go to the bathroom, let alone clean or organize something. Addictions can be really tough.

Hailey is napping now and Evan is having quiet time. I just swept and mopped the kitchen floor and that will probably be the extent of my cleaning today. I say "cleaning", but even that is questionable since I had Dickens following the mop and me around the whole time. At least it looks better than before, and it looked awful. You know it had to be dirty for me to get the mop out. Trent is another story, but I only mop in dire circumstances. There still seems to be some pine sap that wouldn't come up that I will have to get with the Goo Gone on my hands and knees.

So little by little I am pecking away at the spring cleaning around here. Before I know it, it will be summer and warm and we will be outside and everything will get messy all over again. It is a never ending cycle.

1 comment:

jensenbo said...

Funny ---- tons of toys!!!