Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mirabel aka "Baby of Chucky" 's close call...

I was in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher when I heard Hailey's very upset cries of "Guck! Guck!". In Hailey speak this means that she or some part of her body is stuck somehow or in something. When I walked in to see what the problem was this is what I saw.



Now I know that it looks like her finger is stuck in Mirabel's mouth, but since she pokes her in the mouth fifty times a day I knew that Mirabel's mouth was too big for her finger to get stuck in. Unless of course her finger grew three sizes overnight. Upon further inspection I saw this...

OK, this looks a little freaky, but the residue around the baby's mouth is not blood, but gunk from melting red M & M's. Hailey had M & M's for a treat after her nap and apparently being the sweet little thing that she is, decided to share them with Mirabel. Share or maybe just shove them down her throat. When Hailey pulled her finger out of the mouth and I picked the doll up the red M & M fell out of her mouth, but a green one was stuck way inside. I whacked her on the back of the head a few times trying to dislodge it, but no luck. Uncle Evan decided to give it a try....


No luck for him either. That M & M was really lodged in there. Evan was kind of freaked out about the whole thing. He kept wondering what was all over the dolls face. I don't know if he completely believed me that it was from the candy. He told me at one point "it kinda looks bloody". The whole time Hailey kept on crying. I don't think she was upset about her doll, I think she was mad that Mirabel would not give her back her M & M!



I got a shish kabob skewer from the kitchen and managed to get the M & M dislodged from her mouth. As quick as I removed it from the doll's mouth, Hailey popped it right into hers. We got Mirabel all cleaned up and she is as good as new.



We explained to Hailey that dolls don't eat people food - they eat pretend food. I was wondering how long it would take for the dolls to start getting messed up around here. You know how you see Barbie's with their hair cut off and dolls all covered with marker or pen? I was sure that the boys would do a number on Hailey's stuff - now I think that she may be the one I have to put the watch out on!



2 comments:

Lesley said...

I am cracking up! The pics are awesome!!

jensenbo said...

I go from tears to laughing my head off! What a riot!! Hailey -- you are something else. I know you love little Mira doll, but feeding her M&M's is too funny. Love it!!
ps. When I first saw her "bloody" finger --- I thought Mira bit her. Hee Hee