Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Iron Man

After Hailey's nap today she wanted to get out of her crib but she did not want ME to get her out of her crib. She was pointing at Evan and I said to her "Do you want Evan to get you out of your crib?"

Hailey: Yessssss

Mommy: I don't think Evan can get you out Hay, you are too heavy.

Evan: I think I can. I had a lot of pork last night.


I could not stop laughing. He said it so matter of factly. For the record he did not have pork last night, he had steak - he did have a lot of it though - about 22 pieces.

Hailey is totally all about Evan lately. She wants to play whatever he is playing. She copies whatever weird noise or goofy thing he says. She sits next to him to watch TV (which is unheard of for her). She looks for him when he is not around. The other day while he was taking a nap she snuck in and started to "read" to him. Evan does not like us to shut his door when he sleeps anymore. He wants it open "just a tiny crack". The crack makes it hard to keep a determined little sister away from a sleeping brother. They sure are cute though!


3 comments:

dr said...

I am laughing out loud at both this post, and the Baby Mirabel M & M incident. Good practice for you on the Heimlich. The shish kabob skewer part is new to me. Next time, try chest thrusts. :-)

Are you having trouble with blogger today? I am having the WORST time tryig to upload images. I wonder if it is my connection, or what?

Lesley said...

This is so sweet.

jensenbo said...

They are such good pals!! What a cute picture!!