Friday, April 11, 2008

LishyPoo at fifteen months

That is the latest in your enormous string of nicknames. LishyPoo - it stems from Bayloicious Licious. Don't ask where we come up with these things - why your brothers are VooveeQ and Gooeyboo - Dad and I are a special kind of insane that is all I can say to explain it.



The big happening in your fifteenth month is you are a walking little girl! You are still about 50/50 with walking and crawling, but you can do it and you look so stinking cute toddling around in that little zombie stance that new walkers have. When you walk for a long stretch your brothers will shout out in amazement "Look! HayBay is walking!" They are very proud of your new found prowess on two feet.

You don't really have any words yet. You will wave your hand and make a sort of generalized "Hi/Bye" sound which comes out something like "Haaaa". I know that you understand pretty much all of what we say to you - you just don't have the words yet to respond. You love to hold pretend phones up to your ear and have fake conversations. You crack yourself up and are amused by Dad and I and your brothers all the time and will laugh big belly laughs.


Baby food is now a thing of the past. If you see the jars come out you basically screw your face up into a "don't even try it" mode and will only take a bite through basic force. You are now on to "real" food which is both a blessing and a pain depending on the day and what we are having. I liked knowing that in the jar you got a good mix of different fruits, veggies and meats. When I have to feed you people food, I feel like you get a lot of cheese and lunch meat. You love fruits and veggies. I will open a can of peas and you will eat from it for a week. That is the no variety thing that worries me. Sometime I think what we are eating is too spicy or not kid friendly for you - but I should probably just try it because last night you ate a cheese enchilada with sauce and onion and loved every bite. The Easter bunny brought you M&M minis and you have been a fan from the first bite. You may be in the grumpiest mood ever but if you see that cute little package come out - your mood turns instantly to thrilled.



These months are just flying by my sweet girl! I see my baby disappearing before my eyes and though I am thrilled for each of your new accomplishments, it is bittersweet as I long for these days to last. I try to soak up every bit of your babyness that I can - to hold on to my baby girl - even as you are trying your hardest to grow and walk away from me. I know at this age the "away from me" is maybe around the corner or into the kitchen but before long it will be the school bus, then college. I know how short these years are. One of my favorite quotes ever (and the sad part is I don't even know who said it): Being a mother - the days are long, but the years are short. Nothing is more true.









2 comments:

Lesley said...

Awe, what a big girl. I have sadness for you thinking of the loss of her babyness. I know all too well what you mean. Continue to treasure each moment!

jensenbo said...

LishyPoo, I had so much fun with you this week. I had you all to myself and we had a ball. You adjusted so well to having your gramma around. I know you missed your brothers and Mom and Dad too because we talked on the "play" phone so many times a day to them -- and you knew who we were talking to. You are getting to be such a cute little, walking toddler --- I agree with mommy, don't grow up to fast, my little baby girl.