Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A "cabrella" for the April showers



Evan came home from school today very excited to show me the "cabrella" he made. We love the way he says umbrella and try to think of ways to make him say it. He has had a great day today. He has been in the best mood and totally cracking us up.

I got a lovely April Fool's day surprise by waking up with the illness that Spencer is still fighting to get over. His fever and aches are gone, now he just has a non-stop cough. I have the cough and the aches but so far don't feel too bad.

The boys were so excited about April Fool's Day and playing jokes on each other and Mom and Dad. Pretty much every joke included a giant spider. On your head. Behind you. Crawling on your shoulder. Evan pronounces spider like "fider" so it is especially cute. It was so funny to watch them try to "get" everybody - they were so sincere in their amusement.

Hailey has been a Klingon most of the day and didn't take an afternoon nap. I pray that she is not getting sick. She has a little runny nose but so far seems all right. One of the things she finds amusing lately is while I am carrying her to grab my glasses and whip them onto the floor. Since I have been wearing my glasses all day, she has had ample opportunities and I finally told her - Hailey, if you don't stop throwing my glasses on the floor, I am going to throw you out onto the deck! Evan looked at me and said - Mom, don't say that! You can't do that - we wuv she!

Trent stayed home from school today to help me with the kids since I was sick. Good Daddy! After he picked up Evan from school, they went to G & L to bring home lunch for us. Evan and Spence got to have root beer and they were thrilled! Later that afternoon I heard Evan talking to himself - Where's my beer? He sets things down all the time lately and then forgets where he puts them. Crazy kid! This photo is of Evan with his "beer".

1 comment:

jensenbo said...

Great blog!! Evan's "cabrella" is so cute. It's fun to read about the kiddies and all their fun sayings, etc!!