Monday, September 10, 2007

Portrait of the artist as a young man

Who is that book about? I can't remember. I think I had to read it in my Good Books class in college - 16 (gulp) years ago.

I went outside to put the bills into the mailbox to be sent out. On my way back in I glanced in the window and I could see Evan painting at the dining room table. He was so serious looking and intense. I just watched him for a minute because it seemed like a moment I would want to remember. Then I grabbed the camera.


Hey! Is that Mom out there?


I see you Mom! Cheese!





His first painting of the day. Colorful boats.



I painted the body of the person, but he put all the facial features in the right place. Pretty good!



I did the circle and asked him to add the features. The four lines across the middle are eye, nostril, nostril, eye. The green spots are not ears but arms. The black dots under the head are leg, heart, leg. I am the red person with the mohawk. I am not sure why we both look like Rolie Polie Olie.

He has a much longer attention span for things like painting and drawing compared to Spencer. After Hailey was born, Ev would sit and paint for like an hour without a peep. We would joke that he was taking his aggression out through his art - sort of like the little brother on Wedding Crashers. But who knows, he could come by it naturally, my Grampa J. was an artist. He was a great painter. Maybe Ev will be one as well.



No comments: