Friday, September 14, 2007

First day of Preschool


Evan's first day of Preschool was great! He was not scared for me to leave him - not even a little. It was fine for me as well. While anticipating the day, I thought that I might be more sad. When Spence went to school I was so worried about him being able to leave me, that I did not even worry about what I would feel about leaving him. With Evan though, I thought it would be different. I knew that Ev would have no problem. He has always been a brave and confident little guy. There is not much that scares him, which is scary to me. School is fun for him, a place he can get out and be on his own for a little bit.


Three year old preschool is crazy! With Spence I never experienced it because he wasn't potty trained in time to start and from what I can tell so far...four year old preschool is completely different. It is nuts what a difference a year makes. The 3 year olds just run around crazy and do and go wherever the wind blows them. I actually felt a little sorry for the teachers having to deal with a class of 10 of these little people. Of course it has only been two days and the kids don't have a clue what they are doing, let alone any kind of routine established. It might get better - I certainly can't see it getting any worse.


Evan has brought home a couple of little art projects and it is so cute how proud he is of his work. He tells me " I can't wait to show Dad and Dad will say that is a great job Evan". He has also brought home a cold bug. Two days. It doesn't take long in those germ breeding grounds a.k.a classrooms. The kid sitting next to him yesterday was coughing up a lung while I was kissing Ev goodbye. So we get that to look forward to making the rounds 'round here.


I better make an appointment for flu shots.

No comments: